Rose Essential Oil : One of the must to have essential in the beauty regime, it is widely used for Skin Face Acne and other beauty REgime
It is made by extracting Rosa damascena, and researchers have uncovered that it contains several therapeutic compounds known to promote healing in the body:
- Citronellol – effective mosquito repellant (also found in citronella).
- Citral – strong antimicrobial that is necessary for vitamin A synthesis (also found in lemon myrtle and lemongrass).
- Carvone – effective digestive aid (also found in caraway and dill).
- Eugenol – powerhouse behind clove, the richest antioxidant in the world.
- Farnesol – natural pesticide (also found in orange blossom, jasmine and ylang-ylang).
- Methyl Eugenol – local antiseptic and anesthetic (also found in cinnamon and lemon balm).
- Nerol – sweet-smelling aromatic antibiotic compound (also found in lemongrass and hops).
- Phenyl Acetaldehyde – another sweet-smelling and aromatic compound (also found in chocolate).
- Phenyl Geraniol – natural form of geraniol, which is commonly used in perfumes and fruit flavorings.
Top 3 Rose Oil Benefits
1. Rose Oil Improves Depression
The Aroma is that calming which can bring a smile on anyone’s face.
The journal Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice recently published a study that set out to prove these types of natural reactions to rose aromatherapy clinically. rose oil
How to use rose oil for depression: If you’re ever feeling anxious or down in the dumps, try putting five drops of rose and five drops of lavender in a diffuser by your nightstand before bed. Hopefully you will wake up renewed and at peace!
2. Rose Oil for Skin Health
There are many qualities of rose essential oil that make it beneficial for skin. The antimicrobial and aromatherapy benefits alone are good reason to put a few drops in your DIY lotions and creams.
In 2010, Chinese researchers published a study uncovering that rose oil exhibited one of the strongest bactericidal activities compared to 10 other oils.
How to use rose oil for acne: If you suffer from acne, try dabbing one drop of pure rose essential oil on blemishes three times a day. Make sure you use a sterile cotton swab; if the antimicrobial power is too much for you, dilute it slightly with some coconut oil.
Another reason to use rose essential oil for skin health is because of its uncanny ability to increase your skin’s permeability!
Used to your advantage, this can be quite life-changing if you mix your own products and include only the best ingredients.
3. Rose Oil for Libido & Hormone Health
Because it acts as an anti-anxiety agent, rose essential oil can greatly help men with sexual dysfunction related to performance anxiety and stress.
How to use rose oil for libido: Many men and women who are planning a romantic evening will rub two drops of the following essential oils on their neck or diffuse them throughout the home or bedroom:
To learn more about how to use essential oils, check out this free, in-depth, essential oils guide.