How to Use Esssential Oils-AromaTherapy
The sense of smell is a tool that can elicit powerful physiologic, mental, and emotional responses. Essential oils are quickly absorbed by the smell receptors, which have a direct link to the limbic system by way of the olfactory nerve. The limbic system is part of the brain that supports a variety of functions including smell, emotions, behavior, and memory. For this reason, essential oils have an especially powerful effect via aromatic application.
Some essential oils induce uplifting or invigorating effects, while others are more calming. Diffusion is one of the simplest methods for using essential oils aromatically. Diffusers that use cold air or water are ideal. However, using essential oils aromatically does not require any special diffusing devices.
You can achieve the same health benefits by simply placing a few drops of essential oil in the palm of your hand that is then cupped around the nose as you breathe deeply.
Additional aromatic uses For Essential Oils Include:
- Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle
- Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, or linens
- Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer sheets
- Use in household surface cleaners
Topical application is a very effective method for applying essential oils. Because essential oils have low molecular weights and are lipid soluble, they easily penetrate the skin. Once absorbed, they stay in the applied area for a localized benefit.
Although essential oils are readily absorbed, there are many ways to increase absorption. Using a light massage will increase the blood flow to the area of application, in turn improving distribution throughout the body. Use of a carrier oil can also increase absorption, especially in skin that is dry or flaky as it helps moisturize the skin and slow evaporation of the oil.
To decrease the likelihood of developing a skin sensitivity, especially on young or sensitive skin, it is advisable to use a carrier oil (such as Fractionated Coconut Oil) to dilute more potent oils and when trying an oil for the first time. The recommend dilution ratio is typically one drop of essential oil to three drops of carrier oil.
It’s always advisable to use several small doses throughout the day rather than a single large dose. Start with the lowest possible dose (1–2 drops). A topical dose can be repeated every 4–6 hours as needed. Because every individual is unique, the dose will vary for each individual based on size, age, and overall health status.
Beneficial Areas You Can Apply Essential Oils
- Forehead and temples
- Chest and abdomen
- Arms, legs, bottom of feet
Other Effective Methods of Topical Application
- Add a few drops of oil to a warm bath
- Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a towel or cloth in water, adding essential oils, and then applying to the desired area
- Add oil to a lotion or moisturizer and then apply to skin
Sensitive Areas to be Avoided:
- Some facial areas, such as the skin around the eyes
- Eyes and inner ears
- Broken, damaged, or otherwise injured skin
Certain essential oils have a rich culinary history and can be used as dietary supplements supporting a variety of healthy conditions. When you sprinkle cinnamon on your oatmeal, sip a mug of peppermint tea, or add fresh basil leaves to your spaghetti, you are actually consuming some volatile aromatic essential oil compounds.
Essential oil contributes many health benefits as well as flavoring and aroma properties to foods. When in their concentrated form, essential oils can be used as dietary supplements for more targeted and potent health benefits. Internal use is a very safe and effective method of application because of the sophisticated physiologic processes of our bodies.
When ingested, essential oils directly enter the blood stream via the gastrointestinal tract, where they are transported throughout the rest of the body. Essential oils are lipid soluble so they are readily transported to all organs of the body, including the brain. Then, like all things we consume, essential oils are metabolized by the liver and other organs and are then excreted.
The composition of essential oils is highly complex. Each constituent possesses a unique set of biochemical properties that react with cells and organs in different ways. Although these mechanisms of action are not completely understood, the positive end results have been demonstrated. However, the body is only equipped to handle appropriate doses of essential oils.
Proper dosing according to labeling recommendations and other professional guidelines should be strictly followed to avoid toxicity.
Effective Methods of Internal Application
- Use oils in recipes for cooking or baking to replace fresh or dried herbs and spices
- Remember that essential oils are much more potent than dried or fresh herbs and spices, so start with a very small amount
- For more potent oils, it may be better to administer them by toothpicks (dip the end of a clean toothpick into the oil and then add to the food) rather than drops
- Add essential oils to water, smoothies, milk, tea, or other drinks
- Take essential oils internally in a veggie capsule or add to a small amount of applesauce or yogurt
Latest Youtube Videos
About This Site
BrownBoi.in The Grooming Club
The Place where you get stunning ideas about beauty, Skincare, Haircare, Fashion, Grooming, & latest Beauty Trends and ideas
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
BrownBoi Blog Feeds
- Blemishes Removal Home Remedy BBZAF Rose Multani Mitti March 14, 2019
- BrownBoi BBVCPLUS Vitamin C Serum For Face Skin Whitening Lightening & Brightening With Hyaluronic Ascorbic Kojic Acid April 20, 2018
- Essential Oils For Skin & Hair April 14, 2018
- Vitamin C Serum Benefits For Face & Skin Blemishes Tan Removal Fairness Whitening & Dark Circles March 21, 2018
- Subscription Boxes India 2018 December 8, 2017
Recent Posts: BrownBoi
Blemishes is one of the signs of Ageing,Blemishes are those tiny dark patches,spots or the points which make your skin look dull. However they are different from Acne Marks. Acne marks can be faded over the time by its own or by using some anti acne gels or essential oils. Though blemishes are hard to get rid of.
BrownBoi BBVCPLUS Vitamin C Serum For Face Skin Whitening Lightening & Brightening With Hyaluronic Ascorbic Kojic Acid
BBVCPLUS Vitamin C Serum for face BVCPLUS Vitamin C Serum for face (also known as ascorbic acid) is the Beyoncé of skin care—it can do a lot of things flawlessly. It’s an antioxidant. It helps reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, boosts collagen production, repairs sun damage. (And who knows, maybe it’s working on […]
Essential Oils For Skin & Hair By BrownBoi The Grooming Club “Living is about capturing the essence of things. I go through my life every day with a vial, a vial wherein can be found precious essential oils of every kind! The priceless, fragrant oils that are the essence of my experiences, my thoughts. I […]
Vitamin C Serum Benefits For Skin : Skincare is so important, so no wonder there’s such a plethora of products out there to choose from —vitamin c serum benefits for skin including in our natural foods grocery stores. As a result, it’s pretty confusing, too, with all of the choices on the market. But if you […]
Subscription Boxes India 2018 BrownBoi.in The Grooming Club Subscription Boxes India 2018 Pure Essential & Carrier Oils for the Daily Beauty Regime. Specially Made for AromaTherapy Lovers. Every Daily Need Essential Oils In One Subscription Box. Where you can Subscribe & Save Beyond What you See as a Single Unit Purchase. These Are made with […]