What is Cedarwood Essential Oil?
know the cedarwood essential oil Benefits.
It’s no wonder why cedarwood Essential Oil were the trees mentioned most in the Bible, symbolizing a source of protection, wisdom and abundance.
Cedarwood essential oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation from wood pieces of the cedar wood tree. The major components of cedarwood essential oil are alpha-cedrene, beta-cedrene, cedrol, widdrol, thujopsene and a group of sesquiterpenes — all of which contribute a great deal to its health benefits.
Cedarwood Essential Oil Benefits
Some of the most common benefits of cedarwood essential oil include:
- improves focus and wisdom
- promotes hair growth
- has anti-inflammatory agents
- cures toothaches
- strengthens gums
- reduces skin irritations
- relives spasms
- cures fungal infections
- repels bugs
- cures acne
- reduces cough
- stimulates metabolism
- regulates menstruation
- tightens muscles
- cleans out toxins
Clearly, cedarwood essential oil is a great tool for your medicine cabinet. It has not only external health benefits, but also the power to improve your digestive and circulatory function as well.
Top 5 Cedarwood Essential Oil
1. Hair loss — Cedarwood essential oil can stimulate the hair follicles and increase circulation to the scalp. This contributes to hair growth and slows hair loss. Herbalists and aromatherapists have recommended essential oils for years to treat hair loss, thinning hair and various types of alopecia.
There’s evidence that applying cedarwood oil, in combination with the essential oils from thyme, rosemary and lavender, to the scalp improves hair growth in up to 44 percent for people with hair loss after seven months of treatment. To do this, add cedarwood oil to your shampoo or conditioner, or just massage the oil into your scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing
2. Natural deodorizer — Cedarwood essential oil is comforting, reassuring and also possesses a wood-like pleasant scent. It adds a warm tone to any blend of perfumes or oil mixtures. It’s also known to bring people together and improve personal outlook and self-esteem. This may seem strange, but the soothing power of cedarwood oil has the ability to change a person’s perspective. Inhaling cedarwood oil, vaporizing it or adding it to a body spray can have long-lasting therapeutic effects.
3. Cures acne — Cedarwood essential oil protects skin pores from letting in dust or any harmful microbes into the body, which lead to acne and skin infections. Cedarwood oil is also effective for tightening the facial skin and giving it a youthful appearance. To cure your acne naturally, add one drop of cedarwood essential oil to your lotion or face soap, or massage the oil into your skin all by itself. This exercise can be added to your daily routine in order to eliminate acne.
4. Dry scalp —Cedarwood essential oil helps reduce dry or flaky scalp. It stimulates the scalp and increases circulation. To take advantage of this essential oil benefit, mix two drops of cedarwood essential oil with coconut oil to create a mixture with antifungal and moisturizing properties. Add the mixture to your scalp, and rub it in for five minutes. For the best results, let it sit on your scalp for 30 minutes or so — then wash it out.
5. Natural Air Freshener —Since cedarwood oil has a strong base note, it naturally eliminates / neutralizes all types of odors: pet, smoke, mildew, etc. It blends well with other oils to create a variety of scents. Try blending this oil in a diffuser with jasmine, rose, sandalwood, pine or lavender to create a customized aroma to freshen up the air in your home.
Cedarwood Essential Oil – Precautions
Pregnant women should avoid using cedarwood oil. This essential oil could be an irritant for individuals with severe sensitive skin issues. It is best to do a patch test first before applying to problematic areas.
While some essential oils can be ingested or added to food, it is not safe to take cedarwood oil orally. Since it is such a strong oil, it could cause severe side effects such as vomiting, nausea, thirst or damage to the digestive system. It should not be used by individuals who have high blood pressure or certain heart conditions.
What is Cedarwood Essential Oil? know the cedarwood essential oil Benefits. It’s no wonder why cedarwood Essential Oil were the trees mentioned most in the Bible, symbolizing a source of protection, wisdom and abundance. Cedarwood essential oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation from wood pieces of the cedar wood tree. The major components of cedarwood […]Read More
Rose Essential Oil : One of the must to have essential in the beauty regime, it is widely used for Skin Face Acne and other beauty REgime It is made by extracting Rosa damascena, and researchers have uncovered that it contains several therapeutic compounds known to promote healing in the body: Citronellol – effective mosquito repellant (also found […]Read More
Be it masculinity, power, leadership or wisdom, a man’s beard symbolizes all these qualities. This is why beards remain a fashion statement for many, even today. In fact, it is the secret desire of every man to grow a thick beard as soon as he hits the teenage years. However, many men find it hard […]Read More
Astrology and aromatherapy might seem to share no more in common than distant cousins. However, just like extended families, they come together flawlessly if you unite them consciously and intentionally to reach your goals, conquer your dreams and achieve the peaceful calm you get from a weekend at the spa. How Your Zodiac Sign Influences […]Read More
Lavender Oil: Antioxidant Protection , Wonderful Aroma, Know Various Use of Lavender Oil for Skin, Hair and Body . Lavender Oil is one of the Best Essential oils since 2500 years, 1. Lavender Oil For Antioxidant Protection Lavender Oil Arguably the most dangerous and most common risk factor for every disease that affects Americans, free radicals (toxins, […]Read More